An Essential Way to Overall Health and Wellbeing
Maintaining good heart health is essential for leading a healthy and happy life. A healthy heart not only ensures optimal blood flow but also lowers the risk of developing heart disease and related complications. Monitoring the heart’s activity is crucial in identifying and preventing heart problems.
While regular check-ups with a doctor can help identify heart problems, daily monitoring of your heart’s electrical activity can provide valuable insights into your heart health.
Traditionally, heart monitoring required a visit to the doctor’s office or hospital, where you would undergo an electrocardiogram (ECG) test. However, advancements in technology have made it possible to monitor your heart’s electrical activity at home with devices like the Wellue 24-Hour ECG Recorder and Wellue 12-Lead Holter Monitor.
Do Ordinary People Need Daily Heart Monitoring?
The answer is yes. Heart problems can develop slowly over time, and daily monitoring can help detect changes in your heart’s activity that may be early warning signs of a problem. Additionally, if you have a history of heart problems or are at risk for heart disease, daily monitoring can help you and your doctor better manage your condition.
Resting ECG or Continuous ECG monitoring
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a medical test that records the electrical activity of the heart. The test involves placing electrodes on the chest, arms, and legs to detect the electrical impulses produced by the heart. There are two ECG test types: resting and continuous ECG monitoring. We will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of resting ECG and the importance of daily heart monitoring.
Advantages and disadvantages of resting ECG:
- Non-invasive: The resting ECG test is a non-invasive procedure that does not involve any incisions or injections, making it a safe and painless test.
- Quick and easy: The resting ECG test takes only a few minutes to perform, and the results can be obtained immediately.
- Cost-effective: The resting ECG test is a relatively inexpensive test that can provide valuable information about the heart’s health.
- Limited information: The resting ECG test provides only a snapshot of the heart’s electrical activity at a particular moment. It cannot detect irregularities that may occur intermittently.
- False negatives: Resting ECG tests may fail to detect heart problems, even if they are present, leading to false negatives.
- Dependence on patient cooperation: The resting ECG test relies on the patient’s cooperation to obtain accurate results. Patients must remain still and relaxed during the test, which can be challenging for some individuals.
Importance of daily heart monitoring
Continuous ECG monitoring, also known as Holter monitoring, is a type of ECG test that involves wearing a portable device that records the heart’s electrical activity for 24 to 48 hours. Daily heart monitoring is crucial for individuals with known heart problems, those at high risk of heart disease, or those who experience symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, or palpitations.
The benefits of daily heart monitoring include:
- Early detection of heart problems: Daily heart monitoring can detect irregularities in the heart’s electrical activity that may occur intermittently, which can be missed by resting ECG tests.
- Tailored treatment: Daily heart monitoring can help doctors determine the appropriate treatment for patients with heart problems by providing detailed information about the heart’s electrical activity.
- Increased patient awareness: Daily heart monitoring can help patients become more aware of their heart health, leading to lifestyle changes and better management of heart disease.
An Ideal Device for Continuous ECG Monitoring At Home
The Wellue 24-Hour ECG Recorder is an ideal device that allows for continuous ECG monitoring at home. This device is small and easy to use, and it attaches to the chest using adhesive pads. It allows users to record and track heart activity for up to 24 hours, providing individuals with a comprehensive analysis of their heart’s health.In addition, the AI-generated report and ECG waveform provide healthcare providers with a more comprehensive understanding of their heart health.
ECG Recorder with AI Analysis
- 24-Hour ECG Monitoring
- AI-ECG Analysis via PC Software
- Real-Time ECG/EKG Tracking via APP
- Wearable by ECG patches or chest strap