Eagleview Ultrasound Review of Detecting Gallbladder Polyp

by Jan 14, 2022MED PROS, Reviews0 comments

-From Dr. Mohamed Omer Khider Ahmed

Gallbladder Polyps – are present in 4 to 6 percent of the population.4,5 An estimated 90% are benign cholesterol polyps, less than 10 mm in size and are incidental findings. The remaining 10% are adenomatous polyps that have malignant potential.

Most polyps are spherical (attached by a pedicle to the gallbladder wall). Less common are the broad based (sessile) polyps.

Sonographically a polyp appears as a hyperechoic nodule (more echogenic than the surrounding bile) attached to the gallbladder wall. The polyp is nonmobile and remains in a fixed position regardless of changes in patient position. The polyp is non-shadowing.

We have 36years old man sent to our clinic complain of right upper quadrant pain for an abdominal ultrasound, the study done using a handheld ultrasound devise from EagleView and gallbladder wall shows multiple immobile polypoid ingrowths into gallbladder lumen with no vascularity at color doppler which denotes gallbladder polyp.

image (1) sagittal view of the gallbladder demonstrated non-shadowing polypoid ingrowth into gallbladder lumen by the white arrow. gallbladder wall demonstrated by the black arrow.

image (2) transverse view of the gallbladder demonstrated non-shadowing polypoid ingrowth into gallbladder lumen by the white arrow. gallbladder lumen demonstrated by the black arrow.

image (3) color doppler over the gallbladder polyp (white arrow) demonstrated no color flow.

Is Ultrasound Necessary for the Pregnant Dog

Dog pregnancy can be confusing and stressful. In general, the average period of canine pregnancy will last about 2 months. However, it is difficult to predict the timing of delivery because the breeding date doesn't always match up with the conception date and the...

The Difference Between 3-Channel and 12-Channel ECG

The Electrocardiograph is used to measure and record the electrical signal from the heart to check for different heart conditions by using electrodes placed on the skin of limbs and chest. The resting 12-lead electrocardiogram is commonly used to assess cardiovascular...

Ultrasound Scanning Images of the 4 Most Common Kidney Diseases

Renal ultrasonography is an important method for diagnosing and treating kidney disease. This article summarizes the most common ultrasonographic findings for kidney disease for reference. Normal Kidney Longitudinal scan with an ultrasound probe showed that the kidney...

How to do a 12-Lead ECG?

Since the American Heart Association's recommendation to obtain prehospital 12-lead electrocardiograms on patients with acute coronary syndrome, EMS providers have played an increasingly important role in identifying these patients, beginning the appropriate...

How Important is 12-Lead ECG Machine in Emergency Medical Service?

Emergency medical service(EMS) is an essential part of the health care system and is always expected to be available always and continuously in case of need. The 12-lead ECG is one of the most fantastic advances in EMS treatment since the invention of the...

EagleView Ultrasound Review from Dr.Mustafa Taha

Shared by Dr. Mustafa Taha(@مصطفى محمود السيد from Facebook) I am so happy to  provide you a number of videos of multiple interested in...

5 Eagleview Ultrasound Cases in Whole-body Scanning from Dr. Diego Scarpetta

"It's an opportunity to promote the use of clinical ultrasound." Dr. Diego Scarpetta, an internist from Colombia in South America, ordered his ultrasound probe from geteagleview.com and shared us with some cases of clinical scans using Eagleview Ultrasound. From: IG:...

Wellue Health – Frequently Asked Questions

Is Wellue O2Ring FDA approved? Wellue O2ring is a FAD-approved device. It can monitor a person's oxygen levels, heart rate, and body movements every second. ... In addition, the O2Ring comes with a 1-year warranty and 30-day return policy. Is Wellue health...

The application of EagleView Ultrasound in detecting gallstone in the gallbladder 

- by Dr. Nigel Minihane, member of the Royal College of Physicians Case A 68-year-old man presented to his general practitioner with a 24-hour history of constant, centralised abdominal pain in the absence of pyrexia or other symptoms of sepsis. On examination, he was...

EagleView Ultrasound in the Diagnosis of Inguinal Lymph Node

- by Naroopa N, Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer From USA Case The patient is a 70-year-old woman. The patient is having right leg swelling and pain in the upper leg medial area. Ultrasound scan is performed using the EagleView probe. The deep femoral artery...

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: